Circular of Measures Deepening the Reform of Cross-border Trade Business Environment in Shanghai Port ( 2019.06.05 )
Shanghai Municipal Commission ofCommerce
Shanghai Municipal MarketSupervisionAdministration
Document No.47〔2019〕of Shanghai MunicipalCommission of Commerce
Circular ofMeasures Deepening the Reform of Cross-border Trade Business Environment in Shanghai Port
All entitiesconcerned in Shanghai Port：
To implement thoroughly the State Council's Work Plan on Optimizing Port Business Environment and Promoting Cross-Border Trade Facilitation(Document No.37〔2018〕of State Council) and the CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee and Shanghai Municipal People’s Government’sShanghai Implementation Plan on Further Optimizing Business Environment(DocumentNo.49〔2019〕of CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee’s Office), together we drew upMeasuresDeepening the Cross-border Trade Business Environment Reform in Shanghai Port, which aimed to enhance continuously cross-border trade facilitationand create a more stable, open, transparent and predictable business environment in Shanghai, on the basis of previous specific actions, investigations and consultations.The Measuresis now issued after being reviewed and approved by the municipal government's special session. All entities concernedare required to implementconscientiously.
It is hereby notified.
Shanghai Municipal Development and Reform Commission
Shanghai Municipal Transportation Commission
Shanghai Municipal Finance Bureau
February 28, 2019
Measures Deepening the Reform of Cross-border Trade Business Environment in Shanghai Port
In order to implement thoroughly the State Council's Work Plan on Optimizing Port Business Environment and Promoting Cross-Border Trade Facilitation(DocumentNo. 37〔2018〕of State Council) and the CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee and Shanghai Municipal People’s Government’s Shanghai Implementation Plan on Further Optimizing Business Environment(DocumentNo. 49〔2019〕of CPC Shanghai Municipal Committee’s Office), enhance continuously cross-border trade facilitationand create a more stable, open, transparent and predictable business environment in Shanghai,we hereby draw upMeasures Deepening the Reform of Cross-border Trade Business Environmentin Shanghai Port.
Ⅰ. Fully push forward"in-advance declaration" &"in-advance exchange of B/L & D/O ".
1. Fully push forward“in-advance declaration” in import. Encourage enterprises to submit Customs import declarations and deal with relevant formalitiesbetweenthe transmission of manifests and the arrival of goods at port, thereby goods beyond Customs inspection can be released when arriving at port.
2. Promote thoroughly "in-advance exchange of B/L &D/O"in import. After confirming the manifest information, shippingcompanies and their agencies should notify the importer to deal with fee settlement, B/L to D/O transferring, container release and other formalities.
3. Set up a fault-tolerant mechanism for “in-advance declaration” in import. When irregularities not caused by subjective intentions of the enterprises are initiatively reported to the Customs in writing and can be corrected in time, enterprises can be lightened, mitigated or exempted from punishment; on other issues initiatively reported to the Customs, Customsmeasures can be adjusted as appropriate. Alterationof importingdate and means of transport due to shipment, stowage, etc. in “in-advance declaration” will not be recorded as errors ofCustoms declaration.
4. Further promote“in-advance declaration” in export. Launch a pilot of export“in-advance declaration” in Waigaoqiao Port area, so that enterprises can choose from “in-advance declaration” and “after-arriving declaration”. After confirming transmission of prearranged manifestinfo, enterprises can deal with export declaration.
Ⅱ. Further simplify documentary procedures.
5. Reducesupporting documents of Customs declaration. Fully pushahead with electronic Customs power of attorney. In import declaration, enterprises no longer needto submit packing lists unless Customsinspection requires. In export declaration, enterprises no longer need to submit commercial invoice or packing lists unless Customs inspection requires.
6. Fully pushahead withself-printing.Furtherpopularizeself-printing of "Customs-specific payment sheet". Andfurther popularize self-printing ofcertificate of origin on the basis ofonline applicationin export.
7. Fully implement paperless EIRcirculation. Since February 14, 2019, shipping companies in Shanghai Port have completely canceled paper EIR, realizing paperless circulation of EIR between shipping companies, terminals, container yards and trucks.
8. Accelerate the process of paperless D/O. Accelerate the process of electronicD/O circulation between the port operator and shipping companies tobasically realize paperless D/Ocirculation by the end of this year.
Ⅲ. Further improve the level of clearance&Customs supervision.
9. Accelerate construction of the Cross-border Trade Management Big Data Platform(CTMBDP). Further expand the scope of data collection in trade, supply chain, logistics, finance, and government affairs, deepen infomation sharing among the CTMBDP, the Shanghai Big Data Center, the China (Shanghai) International Trade Single Window, and the IT platforms of shipping companies, seaports and airports, etc., thereby promote trade facilitation throughout the entire process and risk management in all-fields.
10. Improve the level oftechnology-basedsupervision. Actively pilot in-advance scanning, expand the application of centralized image recognition, increase the application of late-modelsupervision equipments, and improve equipment furnishing rate of individual inspection operations.
11. Optimize Customssupervision mode. Precedent and exteriorChina Compulsory Certificate (CCC)of imported auto parts can be directly admitted while the Customs enhance inquiry service and policy advocacy on the basis of optimizing technological inspection process. Wood packaging of imported auto parts enjoypriorities and immediate release if they meetquarantine inspection, while those unqualifiedenjoy prioritiesin quarantine treatment. Further promote the implication of "collective taxation" and "tariff guarantee insurance". Carry out and steadily push forward the supervision mode of “inspecting after release” on imported mineral products. Imported mineral products can bepicked upfrom the Customs supervision area if they meet inspection and quarantine standards, while laboratory inspectioncan be made and certificate be issued thereafter.
Ⅳ. Further optimize operation process of the port operator and shipping accompanies.
12. Actively promotethe online appointment systemforcontainer trucksentering and exiting the port. Improve the information serviceof e-truck platform, while expanding the applicationof appointment systemforexport container trucks entering the port, and continuously improve booking rate and success rate of container trucks entering and exiting the port.
13.Improve intelligencecapability of facilities and equipments. Acceleratethe construction ofsmart gates in Waigaoqiao Port Area, enhancethe adaption of inspection site in the port area, and promote technology upgrade as well as information sharing of terminal lifting equipment.
14. Encourage information application inshipping companies’ operations. Encourage shipping companies to build online direct selling platforms, promote electronic process of picking up and returning container in yards, and accelerateelectronically fee chargingamong shipping companies and their agents, container yards, etc.
15. Publicize service commitments. The port operator, shipping companies and their agents should publicize procedures andtime standards of their services,as well as service undertakings such as “5+2 days workweek"，"7×24working hours ", "reservation services", etc.
V. Further regulate and reduce port charges.
16. Implement goals of port fees reduction. Implement goals of 15% reduction in Harbor Dues on Cargo，20%in Terminal Security Charge and 10% reduction in Port Removal Fee. Push shipping companies toreduce THC and Documentation Fee correspondingly, thereby transfer the effectof port fees reduction to the importers and exporters.
17. Continuously push the agents to reduce fees.Since the port and logistics have achieved paperless progressand the Customs andCIQhave thoroughly integrated toreduce formalities, shipping agents， freight forwarders，Customs brokers，trucks， container yard operators, and so on，should combine the items toreduce feesrather than increase fees or charge in the name of other items.
18. Strengthen price supervision and inspection. Further regulate operating service charges of the port operator, shipping companies, container yards, inspection stations, and agencies. All operating service providers shall publicize their charging list, and avoid fees outside the list.
Ⅵ. Further improve port service.
19. Enhance service function of the China (Shanghai) International Trade Single Window. Integrate and comply with the whole function of NationalInternational Trade Single Window. Pilot the “supervision + supply chain” information service in key fields. Establish a cross-border trade business environment service center.
20. Improve feedback mechanism for enterprises. The Customs (12360), Market Supervision Administration (12315), China (Shanghai) International Trade Single Window (400-821-2199), port operator (021-65350038), shipping companies, etc. should give full play to the role of their hotlines, thereby respond to enterprises’opinions, suggestions and complaints in a timely manner. Relevant associations shall timely collect opinions and demands from enterprises and strengthen communication and consultation with government authorities in charge.
21. Set up a public service ranking system.Set up a system where importers and exporters can evaluate service providers such as terminals, shipping companies, freight forwarders, Customsbrokers, container yards, trucks, etc., and publicize the rankings.
22. Implement joint punishment. Violations of laws and regulations in cross-border trade activities will be recorded in the Shanghai Public Credit Information Platform once verified. Relevant authorities will implement joint punishment.
Detailed rules and regulationsinvolving the above measures will be announced separately by concerned government departmentsand units.